At the Cost Estimation step of the wizard, review the estimated monthly cost of using AWS resources to protect EC2 instances. This step of the wizard is available if you scheduled the backup policy to automatically create cloud-native snapshots and/or image-level backups.
To calculate the estimated cost, Veeam Backup for AWS uses capabilities of the Amazon Web Services Simple Monthly Calculator.
The estimate cost includes:
- Snapshot — cost of creating and maintaining snapshots of the EC2 instance.
The calculation is based on the properties of the protected EC2 instance — instance type and number of attached EBS volumes, and backup policy settings — snapshot creation schedule and number of restore points that must be retained in the snapshot chain.
- Backup — the cost of creating and maintaining image-level backups of the EC2 instance.
The calculation is based on the properties of the protected EC2 instance — instance type and number of attached EBS volumes, and backup policy settings — backup creation schedule and number of restore points that must be retained in the backup chain.
- Traffic — the cost of transferring EC2 instance data between AWS regions during data protection operations (for example, if protected EC2 instances and Amazon S3 bucket storing backed-up data reside in different regions).
- Transaction — the cost of making API requests to Amazon S3 during data protection operations.
For more information on cost estimation, see this Veeam KB article.
Exporting Estimation Cost Report
You can export the estimation cost report to a CSV or XML file. To export the estimation cost report, click Export and select a format of the exported data:
- Export to CSV — select this option to structure exported data as a CSV file.
- Export to XML — select this option to structure exported data as an XML file.
Veeam Backup for AWS will save the file with exported data to the default download location on the local machine.