Viewing EC2 Instance Details
To view details of EC2 instances that you can protect in Veeam Backup for AWS, in the main menu on the left, click Instances.
Each EC2 instance is described with a set of properties.
- Instance — name of the EC2 instance.
- Resource ID — ID of the EC2 instance.
- Disk Size — size of all EBS volumes attached to the EC2 instance.
For information on EBS volumes, see AWS Documentation.
- Instance Size — type of the EC2 instance.
For information on EC2 instance types, see Amazon EC2 Instance Types.
- Region — AWS region in which the EC2 instance resides.
For information on AWS regions, see AWS Documentation.
- Dns Name — public DNS name of the EC2 instance.
For information on EC2 instance IP addressing, see AWS Documentation.
For EC2 instances that have at least 1 restore point, the following properties are specified.
- Last Backup — date and time of the latest restore point that was created for the EC2 instance.
- Restore Points — number of restore points created for the EC2 instance.
- Destination — property that specifies the type of restore points created by a backup policy for the EC2 instance:
- If cloud-native snapshots or snapshot replicas were created for the EC2 instance, the value of the property includes Snapshot.
- If image-level backups were created for the EC2 instance, the value of the property includes the name of an S3 repository where image-level backups are stored.
- Backup Policy — name of a backup policy that processed the EC2 instance.
To hide or display properties, click the ellipsis on the right of the list header and do the following: