To view details of EC2 instances that you can protect in Veeam Backup for AWS, in the main menu on the left, click Instances.
Each EC2 instance is described with a set of properties.
- Instance — name of the EC2 instance.
- Resource ID — ID of the EC2 instance.
- Disk Size — size of all EBS volumes attached to the EC2 instance.
For information on EBS volumes, see AWS Documentation.
- Instance Size — type of the EC2 instance.
For information on EC2 instance types, see Amazon EC2 Instance Types.
- Region — AWS region in which the EC2 instance resides.
For information on AWS regions, see AWS Documentation.
- Dns Name — public DNS name of the EC2 instance.
For information on EC2 instance IP addressing, see AWS Documentation.
For EC2 instances that have at least 1 restore point, the following properties are specified.
- Last Backup — date and time of the latest restore point that was created for the EC2 instance.
- Restore Points — number of restore points created for the EC2 instance.
- Destination — property that specifies the type of restore points created by a backup policy for the EC2 instance:
- If cloud-native snapshots or snapshot replicas were created for the EC2 instance, the value of the property includes Snapshot.
- If image-level backups were created for the EC2 instance, the value of the property includes the name of an S3 repository where image-level backups are stored.
- Backup Policy — name of a backup policy that processed the EC2 instance.
To hide or display properties, click the ellipsis on the right of the list header and do the following: