Creating RDS Backup Policies
One backup policy can be used to process one or more instances within one AWS account. The scope of data that you can protect in an AWS account is limited by permissions of an IAM role that is specified in backup policy settings.
Before you create an RDS backup policy, if you plan to receive email notifications on backup policy results, configure SMTP server settings first. For more information, see Configuring Global Email Notification Settings.
To create an RDS backup policy, complete the following steps:
- Launch the Add Policy wizard.
- Specify a backup policy name and description.
- Configure backup source settings.
- Configure backup target settings.
- Specify a schedule for the backup policy.
- Review estimated cost for protecting RDS instances.
- Specify automatic retry settings and notification settings.
- Finish working with the wizard.