At the Instances step of the wizard, you can select a restore point for each EC2 instance whose files and folders you want to restore.
By default, Veeam Backup for AWS uses the latest created restore point. However, you can restore files and folders to an earlier state.
To select a restore point for an EC2 instance:
- Select the necessary EC2 instance from the list and click Restore Point.
You can use the search field to find the EC2 instance by name.
- In the Select Restore Point window, select a restore point from which you want to restore files and folders of the selected EC2 instance.
Each restore point is described with a set of properties.
- Date — restore point creation date
- Size — restore point size
- Destination — restore point type:
- Snapshot — cloud-native snapshot created by a backup policy
- Remote Snapshot — snapshot replica created by a backup policy
- Manual Snapshot — cloud-native snapshot created manually
For image-level backups, the Destination property specifies the name of an S3 repository where a restore point is stored.
- Region — AWS region where a restore point is stored (for cloud-native snapshots and snapshot replicas)
- Account name — name of an IAM role used to create a restore point (for cloud-native snapshots and snapshot replicas)