Step 2. Select Restore Point
At the Instances step of the wizard, select a restore point that will be used to recover files and folders of the selected EC2 instance. By default, Veeam Backup for AWS uses the most recent valid restore point. However, you can recover the items to an earlier state.
To select a restore point, do the following:
- Select the EC2 instance.
- Click Restore Point.
- In the Available Restore Points window, select the necessary restore point and click Apply.
To help you choose a restore point, Veeam Backup for AWS provides the following information on each available restore point:
- Date — the date when the restore point was created.
- Size — the size of the restore point.
- Type — the type of the restore point:
- Snapshot — a cloud-native snapshot created by a backup policy.
- Replica — a snapshot replica created by a backup policy.
- Manual Snapshot — a cloud-native snapshot created manually.
- Backup - an image-level backup created by a backup policy.
- Region — an AWS Region where the restore point is stored (for cloud-native snapshots and snapshot replicas).
- Account name — a name of an IAM role used to create the restore point (for cloud-native snapshots and snapshot replicas).