Step 2. Select Cluster and Restore Point
At the RDS Cluster step of the wizard, select a restore point that will be used to restore the selected Aurora DB cluster. By default, Veeam Backup & Replication uses the most recent valid restore point. However, you can restore the cluster data to an earlier state.
To select a restore point, do the following:
- In the RDS cluster list, select the Aurora DB cluster and click Point.
- In the Restore Points window, expand the backup policy that protects the cluster, select the necessary restore point and click OK.
If you want to restore an Aurora DB cluster from an Amazon DB snapshot created in AWS, expand the <Appliance name> node and select the necessary snapshot of an AWS Snapshot type in the Restore Points window, then click OK.
To help you choose a restore point, Veeam Backup & Replication provides the following information on each available restore point:
- Job — the name of the backup policy that created the restore point and the date when the restore point was created.
- Type — the type of the restore point.
- Location — the AWS Region where the restore point is stored.
You can use the wizard to restore multiple clusters at a time. To do that, click Add, select more clusters to restore and select a restore point for each of them.