Step 6. Configure Capacity Settings and Encryption
[This step is available if you have chosen to restore Amazon Aurora DB clusters to a new location or with different settings.]
At the Cluster Capacity step of the wizard, you can select capacity types for the restored clusters, engine versions for instances and choose whether RDS resources must be encrypted with KMS keys. For more information on KMS keys, see the AWS KMS keys section in AWS documentation.
Configuring Capacity Types and Engine Versions
Before you specify capacity types and engine versions, check Limitations and Considerations.
To specify capacity types and engine versions, do the following:
- In the RDS cluster list, select the necessary cluster and click Edit.
- In the Capacity Settings window, do the following:
- If you want to provision the restored DB instances to a specific instance size, use the provisioned capacity type. Select Provision cluster of the specified instance type and, from the drop-down list, select a DB instance class that will be used to create the primary DB instance in the restored cluster.
The list shows DB instance classes supported for the selected DB engine version. For the list of all supported DB instance classes, see AWS Documentation.
- If you want to scale the compute capacity of the restored DB instance, use Aurora Serverless v1 capacity type. To do that, select Minimum and maximum amount of resources and specify the minimum and maximum capacity units.
AWS Plug-in for Veeam Backup & Replication supports Aurora Serverless v2. To restore the primary DB instance of a cluster as an Aurora Serverless v2 DB instance, select db.serverless from the Provision cluster of the specified instance type drop-down list. Also, mind limitations described in Limitations and Considerations.
- From the Database engine version drop-down list, select the required DB engine version.
The list shows only DB engine versions supported in the target AWS Region. Also, the versions are filtered based on the DB engine type and DB engine version of the source Aurora DB cluster.
Before you configure encryption, check Limitations and Considerations.
To specify encryption settings, do the following:
- In the RDS cluster list, select the necessary clusters and click Encryption.
- In the Disk encryption window, do one of the following:
- If you do not want to encrypt the RDS resources or want to apply the existing encryption scheme, select the Preserve the original encryption settings option. Then click OK.
- If you want to encrypt the RDS resources, select the Use the following encryption password option. From the list of available KMS keys, select the required KMS key. Then click OK.