Step 6. Configure Instance Types and Encryption
[This step is available if you have selected the Restore to a new location, or with different settings option at the Restore Mode step of the wizard.]
At the Instance step of the wizard, specify instance types for the restored EC2 instances and choose whether EBS volumes of these EC2 instances must be encrypted with KMS keys. For more information on KMS keys, see the AWS KMS keys section in AWS documentation.
- In the Instances list, select the necessary EC2 instance and click Type.
- From the EC2 instance type drop-down list, select an instance type to which the EC2 instance will be sized.
For more information on supported EC2 instance types, see the Amazon EC2 Instance Types section in AWS documentation.
- In the Instances list, select the necessary EC2 instances and click Encryption.
- In the Disk encryption window, do one of the following:
- If you do not want to encrypt the EC2 instance or want to apply the existing encryption scheme, select the Preserve the original encryption settings option. Then click OK.
- If you want to encrypt the EC2 instance, select the Use the following encryption password option. From the list of available KMS keys, select the required KMS key. Then click OK.
The following requirements apply: