Azure Service Account
Veeam Backup for Microsoft Azure uses a Microsoft Azure service account (also known as Azure AD Application) to get access to Microsoft Azure resources such as subscriptions, resource groups, storage accounts, and so on configured in your Azure environment. For more information about the topology of resources in Microsoft Azure, see this Microsoft article.
In particular, Veeam Backup for Microsoft Azure uses a service account for the following purposes:
- To perform synchronization of your Microsoft Azure VMs and virtual disks with the configuration databases that is located on the controller server.
- To perform synchronization of your Azure storage accounts and subscriptions, including Azure LightHouse.
- To access your Microsoft Azure VMs and virtual disks during a backup.
- To access Microsoft Azure storage accounts that you want to use as backup repositories.
- To create and remove snapshots of your Microsoft Azure VMs.
Consider the following:
In This Section