At the Cost Estimation step of the wizard, review the estimated monthly cost of using Microsoft Azure resources to protect Microsoft Azure VMs. This step of the wizard is available if you scheduled the backup policy to automatically create cloud-native snapshots and/or image-level backups. For more information, see Backup Chain.
The estimate cost includes:
- Snapshot — cost of creating and maintaining snapshots of the Microsoft Azure VM.
The calculation is based on the properties of the protected Microsoft Azure VM — VM type and the number of attached VHDs, and backup policy settings — snapshot creation schedule and number of restore points that Veeam Backup for Microsoft Azure must retain.
- Backup — the cost of creating and maintaining image-level backups of the Microsoft Azure VM.
The calculation is based on the properties of the protected Microsoft Azure VM — VM type and number of attached VHDs, and backup policy settings — backup creation schedule and number of restore points that must be retained in the backup chain.
- Traffic — the cost of transferring Microsoft Azure VM data between Microsoft Azure regions during data protection operations (for example, if protected Microsoft Azure VM and Microsoft Azure container storing backed-up data reside in different regions).
- Transaction — the cost of making API requests to Microsoft Azure during data protection operations.
Exporting Estimation Cost Report
You can export the estimation cost report to a .csv or .xml file. To export the estimation cost report, click Export and select a format of the exported data:
- Export CSV — select this option to structure exported data as a .csv file.
- Export XML — select this option to structure exported data as an .xml file.
If a VM is located in a different region than the target backup repository, the warning message appears suggesting that the price may be different from that listed in the table because of additional costs associated with cross-region data transfer. For more information, click View details in the warning box.