Step 5. Specify Management Options
At the Management step of the Create a virtual machine wizard, do the following:
- Use the Boot diagnostics option to choose whether you want to capture the console output and screenshots of the backup appliance. This may help you troubleshoot server malfunction issues.
For more information on how to use boot diagnostics in Microsoft Azure, see Microsoft Docs.
- Use the OS guest diagnostics option to choose whether you want to collect capacity-related guest OS metrics. This may also help you troubleshoot server malfunction issues.
- From the Diagnostics storage account drop-down list, select a storage account that will be used to keep the collected diagnostic information. You can either use an existing storage account or create a new one.
To learn how to create Azure storage accounts, see Microsoft Docs.
- Use the System assigned managed identity option to choose whether you want to grant the identity access to the backup appliance. Managed identities ensure protected access to Azure resources.
To learn how to use managed identities, see Microsoft Docs.
- Make sure the Enable auto-shutdown check box is not selected. If you enable the auto-shutdown setting, this may cause an unpredictable performance malfunction of the backup appliance.
- Click Review + create.