Opening File Level Recovery Browser
To open the File Level Recovery for Veeam Backup browser, do the following:
- Perform the steps described in Performing File-Level Recovery.
- In the inventory pane, in the Management section, click Sessions Log and wait until the File-Level Recovery session has the File-level Recovery browser is ready to work status in its properties.
For more information about sessions, see Session Statistics.
- In the inventory pane, in the Management section, click Protected Data.
- In the File-level recovery column, click FLR.
- Click the url in the URL column to open the File Level Recovery for Veeam Backup browser.
- In the Date column, select a date of the file-level restore and click Copy URL.
When you click the Copy URL link, Veeam Backup for Microsoft Azure saves to the clipboard the following information:
- url — a public DNS name of the worker instance to which volumes of the backed-up Microsoft Azure VMs are mounted and authentication information used to access this worker instance.
- thumbprint — a thumbprint of a TLS certificate installed on the worker instance.
You can save the copied information to a file and use it to open the File Level Recovery for Veeam Backup browser from another machine. Note that the machine from which you plan to open the File Level Recovery for Veeam Backup browser must have internet access to the worker instance where the browser is running.
To avoid the man-in-the-middle attack, before you restore files and folders, check that the certificate thumbprint displayed in the web browser from which you access the File Level Recovery for Veeam Backup browser matches the certificate thumbprint in the saved file.
After you open the File Level Recovery for Veeam Backup browser, you can do the following: