Step 3b. Select Storage Account
In the Select storage account section of the Repository step of the wizard, do the following:
- Click Select.
- In the Storage Account section, select a storage account where the target blob container resides. Veeam Backup for Microsoft Azure will use the account to access the backup repository.
For a storage account to be displayed in the Account list, it must be created in the Microsoft Azure portal as described in Microsoft Docs.
- In the Container and Folder section, do the following:
- From the Container list, select a blob container that will be used as a target location for backups of Azure VMs.
For a container to be displayed in the Container list, it must be created for the selected storage account in the Microsoft Azure portal as described in Microsoft Docs.
- Specify a folder where Veeam Backup for Microsoft Azure will store backups of Azure VMs. You can either select an existing folder or create a new one.
- To create a new folder, select the Create new folder option and specify a name for the folder.
- To use an existing folder, select the Use existing folder option and select the necessary folder.
For a folder to be displayed in the Folder list, it must be assigned to any of the repositories ever added (either existing or already removed) to the Veeam Backup for Microsoft Azure infrastructure.
If the selected folder already contains backups, Veeam Backup for Microsoft Azure will import the backup data to the configuration database. You can use this data to perform all disaster recovery operations described in section Performing Restore.