Creating SQL Backup Policies
SQL backup policies can protect only Azure SQL databases running on SQL Servers and databases located on SQL Managed Instances. If you want to protect a database hosted by a SQL Server on Azure VM, create a VM backup policy. Note that in this case, you will not be able to restore a single database without restoring the entire VM.
To create a backup policy, do the following:
- Launch the Add Azure SQL Policy wizard.
- Specify a backup policy name and description.
- Configure backup source settings.
- Configure processing options.
- Create a schedule for the backup policy.
- Specify automatic retry, health check and notification settings for the backup policy.
- Review the estimated cost of protecting the selected Azure SQL databases.
- Finish working with the wizard.