Creating Backup Policies
To produce image-level backups of VM instances, Veeam Backup for GCP runs backup policies. A backup policy is a collection of settings that define the way backup operations are performed: what data to back up, where to store backups, when to start the backup process, and so on.
One backup policy can be used to process multiple VM instances within different regions, but you can back up each VM instance with one backup policy at a time. If a VM instance is added to more than one backup policy, it will be processed only by a backup policy that has the highest priority. Other backup policies will skip this VM instance from processing. For information on how to set a priority for a backup policy, see Setting Backup Policy Priority.
To create a backup policy, do the following:
- Launch the Add Policy wizard.
- Specify a backup policy name and description.
- Configure backup source settings.
- Configure backup target settings.
- Create a schedule for the backup policy.
- Configure snapshot target settings.
- Review the estimated cost of protecting the selected VM instances.
- Specify automatic retry settings and notification settings for the backup policy.
- Finish working with the wizard.