Specifying Monthly Schedule
To create a monthly schedule for the backup policy, at the Schedule step of the wizard, do the following:
- Set the Monthly retention toggle to On and click Configure monthly settings.
- In the Create monthly schedule window, select months when the backup policy must create cloud-native snapshots and image-level backups.
Veeam Backup for GCP does not create image-level backups independently from cloud-native snapshots. That is why when you select months for image-level backups, the same months are automatically selected for cloud-native snapshots. To learn how Veeam Backup for GCP performs backup, see How Backup Works.
- Use the Create restore points at and Run on drop-down lists to schedule a specific time and day for the backup policy to run.
- In the Monthly retention section, configure retention policy settings for the monthly schedule:
- For cloud-native snapshots, specify the number of restore points that you want to keep in a snapshot chain.
If the restore point limit is exceeded, Veeam Backup for GCP removes the earliest restore point from the chain. For more information, see Retention Policy for Snapshots.
- For image-level backups, specify the number of days (or months) for which you want to keep restore points in a backup chain.
If a restore point is older than the specified time limit, Veeam Backup for GCP removes the restore point from the chain. For more information, see Retention Policy for Backups.
- To save changes made to the backup policy settings, click Apply.