Uninstalling Veeam Backup for Google Cloud Platform
Veeam Backup for GCP creates a number of resources while operating in Google Cloud, and these resources are not removed from the GCP infrastructure automatically when you uninstall the solution. That is why, to uninstall Veeam Backup for GCP, you must perform the following steps:
- Log in to Google Cloud Console using credentials of the GCP service account that you used to install Veeam Backup for GCP.
- Navigate to Apps > Google Workspace Marketplace apps.
- Click Veeam Backup for Google Cloud Platform to open the Veeam Backup for GCP overview page.
- Click Delete.
- Wait until Veeam Backup for GCP is removed from your organization domain.
- Navigate to IAM & Admins > IAM.
In the list of permissions, locate the deleted:serviceAccount:veeam member, and then unassign all existing roles from this member.
- Navigate to IAM & Admins > Roles.
In the list of roles, locate the role with the ID of the VM instance that was running Veeam Backup for GCP in its name, and then delete this role.
It may take up to one week for the role to be deleted.
- Navigate to Logging > Logs Router.
In the list of logs router sinks, locate all sinks with the Cloud Pub/Sub topic type created by Veeam Backup for GCP (these sinks will have the ID of the VM instance that was running Veeam Backup for GCP in their names), and then delete these sinks.