To add auxiliary backup accounts to the backup configuration, do the following:
- Open the Organizations view.
- In the inventory pane, right-click an organization and select Manage backup accounts.
- In the Select Office 365 security group drop-down list, select a security group with accounts that you want to use.
Consider the following:
- The entire security group will be granted the Site Collection Administrator role. If a user ceases to be a member of the selected group, the role is automatically revoked for this user.
It is recommended not to select the All Users security group. Instead, you can create a new security group and populate this group with user accounts that you want to use during a backup session of Microsoft SharePoint data.
For more information on how to create a new security group, see this Microsoft article.
- Mail-enabled security groups are not supported.
- In the Select accounts and configure their passwords list, select accounts under which to back up your Microsoft SharePoint and OneDrive for Business data and, under the Password column, click Not configured to specify the password for each of the accounts.
- In the Add Password dialog, enter the password for each of the added accounts and click OK.
Make sure to provide an application password instead of a user password when adding MFA-enabled accounts.