At this step of the wizard, specify connection parameters to the Microsoft Azure AD application that you want to use to access your Microsoft Office 365 resources.
To specify connection parameters, do the following:
- In the Application ID field, specify an identification number of the AD application.
You can find this number in the application settings of your Microsoft Azure Active Directory, as described in this Microsoft article.
- Choose an AD application authentication type. You can select either Application secret or Application certificate:
- To use a secret key, in the Application secret field, enter a secret key to access your custom application.
To obtain a secret key, you will need to generate it first, as described in this Microsoft article.
Mind that a key will become hidden once you leave or refresh the page in the Azure portal. Consider saving the key to a secure location.
- To use a certificate, switch to the Application certificate option and click Install. For more information, see SSL Certificates.
To be able to use a certificate, you must upload it to the Azure portal, as described in this Microsoft article.
- In the Username and App password fields, specify Exchange Online credentials of your Microsoft Office 365 organization.
The user account must be provided in either of the following formats: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. If you are using an ADFS account, you can only use a non-MFA enabled ADFS account.
- Select the Grant this account required roles and permissions check box to automatically assign the ApplicationImpersonation role. This role is required to back up Microsoft Office 365 Exchange mailboxes.
To assign the ApplicationImpersonation role, make sure the account that you use is a member of the Organization Management group and has been granted the Role Management role in advance.
- Select the Use the same credentials for SharePoint Online and OneDrive for Business check box if you want to use the same credentials to access your Microsoft SharePoint Online and OneDrive for Business organizations. This check box is only available if both organization types have been selected at the Select Organization Deployment Type step.
If the Use the same credentials for SharePoint Online and OneDrive for Business check box is not selected, you will be offered to provide required credentials for the Microsoft SharePoint Online and OneDrive for Business organizations at the Specify SharePoint Online Credentials step.