To add a new backup proxy server, do the following:
- Open Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365.
- Go to Backup Infrastructure > Backup Proxies.
- Click Add Proxy from the ribbon menu. You can also use the Add backup proxy command from the context menu.
- Specify the following and click Next:
- A proxy server DNS name or its IP address. Keep in mind that you will not be able to change the host in future. Nor you will be able to change the port. See Editing Backup Proxy Server
- A port number. Default port number is 9193.
- Optional description.
- Specify user account to connect to the machine which you want to use as the backup proxy server. You can use your current account or use another one, specified using the DOMAIN\username format. This account should have local Administrator rights for the backup proxy server.
- Click Next, Veeam will verify the account, connect to the specified server and perform necessary operations, including prerequisites verification, installation, and configuration. If any action takes more than 5 seconds, the duration for corresponding action will be displayed under the Duration column.
- Click Finish
After adding a new backup proxy, you will be prompted to create a new repository associated with this proxy.
A proxy service uses Local System account on the specified server.