Before adding a backup proxy, check that:
- The target machine meets system requirements.
- The necessary ports are open.
- The user accounts has sufficient rights (see below).
To add a new backup proxy, select the corresponding menu command on the toolbar, or use the shortcut menu for the Backup Proxies node (root of the navigation tree):
- At the first step of the New Backup Proxy wizard, specify the following:
- Proxy server DNS name or IP address
- Port for connection (default is 9193)
- Optional description
- Next, specify user account that will be used to connect to the Windows server where the new backup proxy will be deployed. This can be the account currently logged in (default option), or another account specified using DOMAIN\username format. The account should have the local Administrator rights for the backup proxy server.
The proxy service will run under the Local System account on the specified server.
- After you click Next, Veeam will verify connection account, connect to the specified server and perform the necessary operations, including check for prerequisites, installation and configuration. If any action takes more than 5 seconds, its duration will be displayed in the corresponding field. Wait for the actions to complete, then click Finish.
After that you will be prompted to create a repository that will be associated with this new proxy.
For more information, see the Configuring a Repository section later in this guide.