This section describes how to add a new backup repository, associate it with a relevant proxy server, and define a retention policy that will be applied during archiving your production data.
To add a new repository, do the following:
- Go to Backup Infrastructure > Backup Repositories.
- Click Add Repository on the ribbon menu. You can also use the Add backup Repository context menu command.
- Specify the repository name and optional description.
- Specify the backup proxy server and the repository location. Click Get free space to know the available space.
To use a network share folder, provide the path manually. Network share browsing is not supported.
Note that you will not be able to change the backup proxy in future, nor you will be able to change the path. For more information on backup proxy servers, see Configuring Backup Proxy Servers.
- Specify the retention policy. For more information on configuring the retention policy, see Understanding Retention Policy.