Continue with this section to learn how to add a new backup repository, associate such a repository with a backup proxy server and define a retention policy to governs the period during which to keep your data.
To add a new backup repository, do the following:
- Go to Backup Infrastructure > Backup Repositories.
- On the Repositories tab, click Add Repository or right-click a backup repository and select Add backup repository.
- Specify the repository name and optional description.
- Specify a backup proxy server and repository directory. Click Get free space to know the available space.
Consider the following:
- Specify retention policy settings. For more information about retention policies, see Understanding Retention Policy.