If your company is providing backup and restore services, you may need to allow your tenants to explore and recover their backup data using Veeam Explorer for Microsoft Exchange deployed on the tenant side. Possible interaction scenario is described below.
On the Provider Side
An IT administrator on the provider side does the following:
- Configures Veeam Backup for Office 365 server to authenticate tenants who log on with their Exchange organization credentials, using SSL. Configuration procedure is described below in this section. Exchange organization credentials must be the same as specified when adding organization to the Veeam Backup for Office 365 infrastructure. See this section for details.
- Provides the tenant with the name and\or IP address of the Veeam Backup for Office 365 host\endpoint responsible for storing tenant's mail data.
To enable tenant authentication with organization credentials and instruct Veeam Backup for Office 365 to use SSL certificate, do the following:
- Go to the Authentication tab of the program Options.
- Select the Enable authentication with organization credentials.
- Click Install to specify the SSL certificate. You can generate a new certificate or select an existing one, using the same Select Certificate wizard as described in this section. When you finish the wizard, the certificate information will be shown in the corresponding fields of the dialog.
On the Tenant Side
An IT administrator on the tenant side does the following:
- Obtains the name or IP address of the Veeam Backup for Office 365 host\endpoint responsible for storing mail data.
- Starts Veeam Explorer for Microsoft Exchange.
- On the Home tab, adds Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 server to the scope, as described in this section. Remember that in the application launcher window the following connection settings should be specified:
- Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 name or IP address, supplied by provider
- Organization Authentication method
- Exchange organization credentials
- After connecting to Veeam Backup for Office 365 server responsible for the backup of tenant's mailbox data, this data will become available in the Veeam Explorer console.