A backup repository is a storage system where you can keep backups created by your backup jobs.
You can add the following types of backup repositories to the Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 infrastructure:
- A local directory on a backup proxy server.
A default backup repository is the C:\VeeamRepository directory on a computer with Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365.
- Direct Attached Storage (DAS) connected to the backup proxy server.
- Storage Area Network (SAN).
A backup server must be connected to the SAN fabric using hardware, virtual HBA or software iSCSI initiator.
- Network Attached Storage (SMB shares version 3.0 or later).
Consider the following:
- Backup repositories with enabled volume deduplication are not supported.
- Storage volumes that host backup repositories must be formatted with NTFS or ReFS.
- You should not use 3rd party encryption software for backups in backup repositories as this may lead to unpredictable system behavior and inevitable data loss.
You can store your backups on volumes encrypted using the BitLocker technology if it applies to your system. After encryption, the I/O rate of the volume may change.
In This Section