Specify the mailboxe(s) you want to backup. The following options are available:
- Backup all mailboxes. To backup all the mailboxes within the organization.
- Backup the following mailboxes. To select particular mailboxes only.
- Select Backup all mailboxes and click Next.
- Click Add to select mailboxe(s) you want to be excluded from the processing, To quickly find a mailbox you need, you can use the search field at the top-right corner of the window. You can click Refresh button to refresh the mailbox list. Click OK to get back to the previous step having selected mailboxes been added to the exclude list.
- Click Next to proceed to the Step 3. Specifying Backup Proxy step.
- Click Add to add mailboxes you want to back up.
- Select mailboxes you want to add to the backup job.
When creating a backup job for the hybrid organization, Select Mailboxes dialog will look like the one below.
Initially, the Select Mailboxes dialog displays Exchange Online mailboxes. You can select Show on-premises Microsoft Exchange mailboxes checkbox to display the corresponding mailboxes. Mailbox location (On-Premises or Microsoft Office 365) will be displayed under the Location column. Click OK to proceed to the Step 3. Specifying Backup Proxy step.
It is not allowed to create more that one backup job that handles the same set of mailboxes. For example, if you already have a backup job configured in a way to create a backup, containing all mailboxes, Veeam will prohibit you from creating another job with the Backup all mailboxes option selected. The reason is that another job with the same set of mailboxes already exists and essentially does the same.