To handle backup processes, including transferring data from the Exchange organizations to the Backup repositories and vice versa, you use backup proxy servers. This approach allows you to take the load off the Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 server and optimize the overall environment performance.
- A backup proxy server can be deployed on a physical or on a virtual machine.
- Each backup proxy server can process one or several organizations.
- An organization can be processed by one or several backup proxies using many-to-many connections.
Backup proxy servers and the Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 server must be deployed within the same or a trusted domain.
In This Section
- Adding Backup Proxy
- Removing Backup Proxy Server
- Editing Backup Proxy Server
- Configuring Backup Proxy Server
- Rescanning Backup Proxies