Proxy servers are responsible for handling backup processes during creating new backups or obtaining backup data from backup repositories.
The default backup proxy server is the machine running Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365. Using additional machines as proxies allows you to take the load off the Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 server and optimize the overall environment performance. It is recommended that after you install Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365, you also configure additional set of backup proxy servers to manage your data in a more efficient manner.
Consider the following when adding new proxies:
- A backup proxy server can be deployed on a physical or on a virtual machine.
- Each backup proxy server can process one or several organizations.
- An organization can be processed by one or several backup proxies using many-to-many connections.
Backup proxy servers and the Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 server must be deployed within the same or a trusted domain.
In This Section
- Adding Backup Proxy
- Removing Backup Proxy Server
- Editing Backup Proxy Server
- Configuring Backup Proxy Server
- Rescanning Backup Proxies