Backup repositories are used to store organization backups created with Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365.
The following types of repositories are supported:
- A local folder on a backup proxy. The default backup repository is the C:\VeeamRepository directory on the localhost.
- Direct Attached Storage (DAS) connected to the backup server, including external USB/eSATA drives and raw device mapping (RDM) volumes.
- Storage Area Network (SAN). The backup server must be connected to the SAN fabric via hardware or virtual HBA, or software iSCSI initiator.
- SMB 3.0 share (experimental support).
- Azure and/or AWS virtual machines. For more information on deploying the solution on either of these platforms, see Deploying on Azure and AWS.
Storage volumes that host the archive repository must be formatted with NTFS or ReFS.
In This Section
- Adding Backup Repository
- Understanding Retention Policy
- Editing Repository Settings
- Removing Backup Repository
- Upgrading Backup Repository