You can configure Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 to send e-mail notifications on backup job results as described below:
- Go to the main menu and click Options.
- Go to Notifications tab.
- Select Enable e-mail notifications.
- Specify an SMTP server to send notifications. By default, Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 will use the standard connection to smtp.office365.com via port 587. To read more about Office 365 standard SMTP connection settings, refer to the How to set up a multifunction device or application to send email using Office 365 article.
- If necessary, select Use authentication. In the Username field, specify a mailbox user to connect to the SMTP server and provide the password. Select Use SSL for secured connection.
- In the From field, specify the address that will be used as a notification sender.
- In the To filed, specify valid e-mail address for notification recipient. When specifying multiple addresses, use semicolon.
- By default, notification Subject will be as follows: [%JobResult%] %OrgName% - %JobName% (%MailboxCount% mailboxes), %Issues% issues. Where:
- %JobResult%. A backup job result (Success, Warning, Failed).
- %OrgName%. Office 365 organization for which the job was configured.
- %JobName%. A backup job name.
- %MailboxCount%. A number of processed mailboxes.
- %Issues%. A number of mailboxes whose processing completed with Failed or Warning status.
- %Time%. Date and time of backup job completion.
- Click Test Message button to verify that you have configured email settings properly.
- By default, notifications will be sent on all backup job completion results, including Success, Warning and Failure. To turn off notifications for certain kind of results, clear the corresponding check boxes.
- If you configure the backup job(s) to perform retry attempts, then you can use the Suppress notifications until last retry option. In this case, notifications will only be sent after the last attempt:
- If the job fails, then on the last retry
- If the job completes with Success or Warning, then on the last completion status
- If the job is scheduled to Terminate job if it runs longer than <interval>, then on the last attempt within that interval
- Click OK to save the settings and close the dialog.
E-mail settings will be applied to all backup jobs configured for all organizations added to Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365.