You can configure Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 to send email notifications on backup job results.
To configure the settings, do the following:
- Go to the main menu and click General Options.
- Go to the Notifications tab.
- Select Enable e-mail notifications.
- Specify the SMTP server address. Click Advanced and provide the following:
- The port number.
By default, Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 uses standard connection to smtp.office365.com via port 587. To read more about Office 365 standard SMTP connection settings, see this Microsoft article.
- Select Connect Using SSL for secure connection.
- Select The SMTP server requires authentication and provide valid user credentials.
- In the From field, specify a notification sender address.
- In the To filed, specify the valid email address for a notification recipient. When specifying multiple addresses, use semicolon.
- By default, notification Subject will be as follows: [%JobResult%] %OrgName% - %JobName% (%MailboxCount% mailboxes), %Issues% issues. Where:
- %JobResult%. A backup job result (Success, Warning, Failed).
- %OrgName%. Office 365 organization for which the job was configured.
- %JobName%. A backup job name.
- %MailboxCount%. A number of processed mailboxes.
- %Issues%. A number of mailboxes completed with Failed or Warning status.
- %Time%. Date and time of backup job completion.
- Click Test Message to send a test message.
By default, notifications will be sent on all backup job completion results including Success, Warning and Failure. To turn off notifications for certain results types, clear the corresponding checkboxes.
If you configure backup jobs to perform retry attempts, then you can use the Suppress notifications until last retry option. In this case, notifications will only be sent after the last attempt according to the following:
- If the job fails, then on the last retry.
- If the job completes with Success or Warning, then on the last completion status.
- If the job is scheduled to be terminated after the specified interval, then on the last attempt within that interval.
The email settings are applied to all backup jobs configured for all organizations added to Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365.