You can configure Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 to send e-mail notifications on backup job results as described below:
- Go to the main menu and click General Options.
- Go to the Notifications tab.
- Select Enable e-mail notifications.
- Specify the SMTP server address. Click Advanced and provide the following:
- The port number. By default, Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 will use the standard connection to smtp.office365.com via port 587. To read more about Office 365 standard SMTP connection settings, refer to the How to set up a multifunction device or application to send email using Office 365 article.
- Select Connect Using SSL for secured connection.
- Select The SMTP server requires authentication and provide the username and password.
- Click OK to continue to configure notification settings.
- In the From field, specify the address to use as a notification sender.
- In the To filed, specify the valid e-mail address for notification recipient. When specifying multiple addresses, use semicolon.
- By default, notification Subject will be as follows: [%JobResult%] %OrgName% - %JobName% (%MailboxCount% mailboxes), %Issues% issues. Where:
- %JobResult%. A backup job result (Success, Warning, Failed).
- %OrgName%. Office 365 organization for which the job was configured.
- %JobName%. A backup job name.
- %MailboxCount%. A number of processed mailboxes.
- %Issues%. A number of mailboxes whose processing completed with Failed or Warning status.
- %Time%. Date and time of backup job completion.
- Click Test Message to send a test message.
By default, notifications will be sent on all backup job completion results, including Success, Warning and Failure. To turn off notifications for certain results types, clear the corresponding check boxes. If you configure backup jobs to perform retry attempts, then you can use the Suppress notifications until last retry option. In this case, notifications will only be sent after the last attempt:
- If the job fails, then on the last retry.
- If the job completes with Success or Warning, then on the last completion status.
- If the job is scheduled to Terminate job if it runs longer than <interval>, then on the last attempt within that interval.
E-mail settings will be applied to all backup jobs configured for all organizations added to Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365.