You can configure Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 to send e-mail notifications on the job results. For that, in the Options dialog, go to the Notifications tab.
E-mail settings are global, that is, they will be applied to all backup jobs configured for all organizations added to Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365.
- Select the Enable e-mail notifications option.
- In the Server settings section, specify SMTP server that will be used to send notifications. By default, the program will use the standard connection to smtp.office365.com via port 587. To read more about Office 365 standard SMTP connection settings, refer to this Microsoft article.
- If necessary, select the Use authentication option. In the Username field, specify the mailbox user that will be used for connection with SMTP server, and enter password.
- For a secure connection, select Use SSL.
- Specify the From address that will be used as notification sender. Make sure this mailbox user is delegated the rights to connect to SMTP server - for that, you can open Exchange Administration Center and configure Send As Username delegation for it. Here Username is the one you specified at step 5 of this procedure.
- Specify the To valid e-mail address for notification recipient. If specifying multiple addresses, use the semicolon.
- By default, notification Subject will look as follows:
[%JobResult%] %OrgName% - %JobName% (%MailboxCount% mailboxes), %Issues% issues
- %JobResult% - job result, that is, status after completion (Success, Warning, Failed)
- %OrgName% - Office 365 organization for which the job was configured
- %JobName% - job name
- %MailboxCount% - a number of processed mailboxes
- %Issues% - a number of mailboxes whose processing completed with Failed or Warning status
- %Time% - date and time of backup job completion
- To verify that if you have configured email settings correctly, use the Test Message button.
The Test Message button only allows for verifying email settings you have entered; the message in this case will be sent from the management server. However, actual notifications on the job results will be sent by proxy server assigned to process this job. Therefore, if a proxy server goes down, you will stop receiving job notifications from it.
To read more about offline proxy status, please refer to the section above.
- By default, notifications will be sent on all completion results, including Success, Warning and Failure. To turn off notifications for the certain results, clear the corresponding check box.
- If you configure the backup job(s) to perform retry attempts, then you can use the Suppress notifications until last retry option (enabled by default). In this case, notifications will be only sent after the last attempt:
- If the job fails, then on the last retry
- If the job completes with Success or Warning, then on the last completion status
- If the job is scheduled to Terminate job if it runs longer than <interval>, then on the last attempt within that interval
For details on job scheduling options, refer to Creating a Backup Job section of this guide.
- Click OK to save the settings and close the dialog.