If you have a 64-bit version of Microsoft Outlook 2016, Microsoft Outlook 2013 or Microsoft Outlook 2010 installed on the computer running Veeam Explorer, you can export the entities you need to Personal Folder Files (.pst). in the default or custom location.
Export is supported for the following entities:
- Mailbox stores
Windows Search can conflict with exporting of items and folders. If the .pst file to which you are exporting is indexed at the same time, the exporting process may hang up. To avoid this, it is necessary to exclude .pst files from the indexing scope. For this, use the search box in the Windows Start menu to open the Indexing Options window, click Modify to open the Indexed Locations window and clear the Microsoft Outlook check box.
If you want export results to be delivered as specially generated reports, you need to configure appropriate settings, as described in Receiving Export Reports.
In This Section
For your convenience, Veeam Explorer allows you to quickly export mailbox store data directly to a single .pst file stored in the default location. Initially, this is the Desktop folder of the current user, then it will be the location of the latest export operation.
Remember that you need Microsoft Outlook installed on the computer running Veeam Explorer to perform the export operations.
- To export a folder, select it in the navigation tree, then on the Folder tab select Export Folder > Export to <default_location>\<original_folder_name>.pst, or use the corresponding shortcut menu command. Selected folder including all its subfolders will be exported to the specified destination.
- To export an item, select it in the preview pane on the right (multiple selection is supported), then on the Items tab select Export Items > Export to <default_location>\<original_folder_name>.pst, or use the corresponding shortcut menu command. Selected item(s) will be exported to the specified destination.
- To export a mailbox, select it in the navigation tree, then on the Mailbox tab select Export mailbox > Export to <default_location>\<original_mailbox_name>.pst, or use the corresponding shortcut menu command. Selected mailbox with all its content will be exported to the specified destination.
- Similarly, you can export the selected mailbox store, or even all stores currently added to Veeam Explorer scope. For that, select, respectively, the required store node or the All Stores (root node), then use the corresponding Export command on the Home tab.
To export an entity to a custom location as a single .pst file:
- Select the entity you need in the preview pane (items) or in the navigation tree (all other entities - folders, mailboxes, mailbox stores). Then on the corresponding ribbon menu tab click the Export command and select Export to .pst file.... You can also right-click the entity select Export to .pst file....
- Specify the name and location for the target .pst file. If it does not exist, it will be created.
- You can also click Show settings to show more controls that will allow you to export only items containing the keywords. Select the corresponding check box and enter the necessary keywords. Note that Veeam Explorer for Microsoft Exchange will look for the specified keywords in all message fields (From, To, Subject, Body). Items containing the keywords will be exported to the specified location; if you have configured Veeam Explorer settings to deliver reports on export results, this export operation will be reported with Export type: Search results (see "Receiving Export Reports" section for more information).
- Click Export and wait for the operation to complete. Veeam Explorer for Microsoft Exchange will notify you of the operation results.