This section gives you an overall idea of what happens when you perform a backup or restore procedures of the mailbox data from the on-premises or online Exchange Organization:
- Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 gathers mailbox data from Exchange organizations using Exchange Web Services and PowerShell and stores such data in a dedicated repository. All data is transferred using SSL connection. To carry out these operations automatically, an administrator creates and schedules a dedicated backup job. Each successful job creates a restore point that keeps the corresponding state of the mailbox. See Performing Organization Mailboxes Data Backup.
- A user selects a mailbox database state to work with. This state might be of the latest restore point, or that of a certain point in time. See Exploring Backups Using Veeam Explorer for Microsoft Exchange.
- The datastore is then added to the Veeam Explorer for Microsoft Exchange scope.
- Once added to the scope, the following operations become available:
- Restoring mailboxes, folders and items to the Exchange Online or on-premises Exchange Organization. See Restoring Organization Mailbox Data.
- Exporting mailboxes, folders and items as Personal Folder Files (.pst). See Exporting Microsoft Exchange Objects to PST File.
- Saving mailbox items as Microsoft Exchange Mail Documents (.msg). See Saving Microsoft Exchange Items.
- Sending mailbox items as attachments via e-mail. See Sending Microsoft Exchange Items.