Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 is a comprehensive solution intended to back up and recover data of your Microsoft Office 365, on-premises Microsoft Exchange and on-premises Microsoft SharePoint organizations, including Microsoft OneDrive for Business.
The solution allows you to:
- Back up different types of Microsoft Office 365 and on-premises Microsoft objects such as Groups, Sites, Users and Organizations.
- Customize a schedule according to which new backups should be created.
- Restore your data from backups using Veeam Explorer for Microsoft Exchange, Veeam Explorer for Microsoft SharePoint and Veeam Explorer for Microsoft OneDrive for Business.
- Review statistical information about backup and restore sessions.
- Use built-in data protection reports.
- Use Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 as a service for service providers and their tenants.
The following figure shows a simplified example of the environment consisting of a Microsoft Office 365 organization, the data of which is being collected and backed up to a backup repository by Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 via the backup proxy server. Next, Veeam Explorers are used to view the content of a backup file and restore, export, save or send data as required.