Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 provides the following commands to manage your backup jobs:
- Start/Stop. To start or stop a backup job.
Using the Stop command implies freezing the current backup job state preserving what has already been backed up allowing you to continue where you left off.
- Enable/Disable. To enable or disable a backup job.
The former option enables a backup job if it has previously been disabled so that it can be executed on-demand while the latter option does the opposite. When a backup job is disabled, the schedule that you might have configured for this job will not be applied.
- Edit. To edit backup job settings such as the backup job name and optional description, the list of items to be backed up, the list of items to be excluded, a proxy server name along with the associated repository, and a schedule that you might want to assign to this job so that it can be executed automatically.
New settings will be applied during the next backup job run.
- Delete. To remove a backup job.
When a backup job is being removed, its corresponding record in the configuration database will be removed as well, but the actual backup data, however, remains unaffected and can be accessed by using the Explore command.
- Explore. To launch the corresponding Veeam Explorer tool to explore the content of a backup file. See Exploring Veeam Backup For Microsoft Office 365 Backups.