Application upgrade to version 2.0 is supported for the following versions of the application:
- Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 1.0 (product builds 22.214.171.1240 and 126.96.36.1992).
- Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 1.5 (product builds 188.8.131.529, 184.108.40.2069 and 220.127.116.118).
Upgrade from the beta version of the application is not supported.
Consider the following when planning for upgrade:
- Backup jobs settings and global configuration options (including notifications, file exclusions, and so on) will be preserved.
- All modifications that have been made in the Config.xml file manually will be lost.
- All backup jobs, including those running on schedule will be stopped during the upgrade process.
Before attempting to install the GA version of Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 2.0 on a machine with the beta version, do the following:
- Remove all remote backup proxies. See Removing Backup Proxy Server.
- Uninstall the beta version of the application. See Uninstalling Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365.
- Manually remove default repository folders and other files from the corresponding target location. The release version of the application is not compatible with the pre-release repository.
- Manually remove the content of the C:\ProgramData\Veeam\Backup365 directory.
Ignoring the steps above will lead to the following error: "Service 'Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 Service' (Veeam.Archiver.Service) failed to start. Verify that you have sufficient privileges to start system services".
To upgrade Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365, install Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 version 2.0 as described in the following sections:
- Installing Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365
- Installing Veeam Explorer for Microsoft Exchange
- Installing Veeam Explorer for Microsoft SharePoint
After you install Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 version 2.0, the following objects will be marked as Out of Date:
To continue working with any of the above objects, you will need to upgrade them manually.
For more information on upgrading backup repositories, see Upgrading Backup Repository.
For more information on upgrading backup proxies, see Upgrading Proxy Server.
To be able to process backup jobs that were created with previous versions of the application, Veeam converts backup jobs configuration parameters so that they are met for the version 2 accordingly.
To upgrade backup jobs configuration parameters, do the following:
- Select the Out of Date node.
- Right-click a backup job and select Upgrade.
When a backup job is being upgraded, Veeam checks whether users whose mailboxes were added to the job thereof still exist in Office 365 organizations.
Once the upgrade procedure is complete, you will be notified about the results.
If validation fails, Veeam will create temporary records for these mailboxes and add these records to the backup job processing list without being able to process them any further. To continue, remove unresolved mailboxes manually.