You can specify the number of threads and the network bandwidth limit using the Properties dialog.
- A thread defines the total number of proxy servers threads that are responsible for handling the backup jobs routine. By default, 64 threads are used. Depending on your environment configuration and capacities (i.e. low CPU or RAM deficiency), running too many threads may significantly reduce the efficiency due to possible throttling errors or connection failures. As each production environment operates under different equipment capacities, Veeam allows you to explicitly define the number of threads that your infrastructure is potentially able to handle without losing performance.
- The network bandwidth limit is applied per proxy, not per thread.
To set the number of threads along with the network bandwidth limit, do the following:
- Go to Backup Infrastructure > Backup Proxies.
- In the preview pane, right-click a backup proxy and select Properties.
- In the Set the number of threads to field, specify the number of threads.
- Select the Limit network bandwidth check box and specify the required network bandwidth limit.