Veeam Explorer for Microsoft Exchange can deliver detailed reports on export results:
- To deliver reports to the current user, make sure this user has a valid e-mail address. Also, make sure that SMTP Settings are configured properly. See the Configuring Notification Settings section.
- Having configured email settings for a different user account in Veeam Backup & Replication means that this user will also be receiving reports. Take into account, however, that if you enable such global settings during the current Veeam Explorer for Microsoft Exchange session, you will need to restart the application in order for the settings to take effect.
- If you want a report to be included in the .pst archive, make sure that the current user's e-mail address is valid.
To generate a report, you can use the 1-Click export feature or standard export operation.
The following table comprises fields that would be displayed in the report body.
A software component responsible for performing the export operation.
Veeam Explorer for Microsoft Exchange build number. To view the build number, go to Main Menu and click About.
Total number of items included in the .pst file. Represented in per cents. For example, if there are 10 items in a folder and only 6 of them have been exported due to some search criteria, this value will be 60%. If the whole folder was exported, it will be 100%.
Export initiator or current user account running Veeam Explorer for Microsoft Exchange.
Start time, End time
Report generation start and end time, respectively.
The relative path to the object within the mail database from which data was exported. In the example, shown in the figure above, this is MBase01.edb\MB01\Drafts, that is, the Drafts folder in the mailbox MB01 of the MBase01.edb mail database.
The full path to the exported .pst file.
Depending on the export scope, the following types are available:
Datastores that contains exported items. In the example this would be the MBase01.edb.
Mailboxes to search
Mailboxes that contains exported items. If you select the whole datastore as a root object, all mailboxes in that datastore will be reported in this field.
Mailboxes searched successfully, Mailboxes not searched successfully
Results for Mailboxes to search.
Total size of exported items.
The number of exported items.
The number of errors that occurred during the export.
When exporting search results only, consider the following:
- The report will be entitled Email export completed partially.
- The Percent complete field will contain the corresponding value, depending on how many items from the search scope matched the search keywords.
- The last field in the report will be Keyword hits. It will include the table containing:
- Keyword. Search criteria.
- Hits. The number of exported items that matched the search keywords.
- Mailboxes. The number of mailboxes comprising the search scope.