You can permanently remove any backup proxy server (except for the default one) from the Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 infrastructure.
When a backup proxy is being removed, the following will occur:
- Information about this proxy will be removed from the Configuration Database.
- Information about associated repositories will also be removed from the Configuration Database, so these repositories will no longer be displayed in the management console. However, directories and files of the removed repository will remain intact in the target location.
- Backup jobs that are used by this proxy will be displayed with empty properties in the preview pane. The Repository and Proxy fields for such jobs will contain <Not Configured> value. When trying to enable such jobs, you will need to make a new backup proxy and a backup repository assigned to them.
To remove a backup proxy, do the following:
- Go to Backup Infrastructure > Backup Proxies.
- In the preview pane, select a backup proxy you want to remove.
- Click Remove Proxy on the ribbon menu. You can also use the Remove context menu command.
- Wait until the operation is complete and click Finish.