To remove a backup proxy, do the following:
- Open Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365.
- Go to Backup Infrastructure > Backup Proxies.
- In the preview pane, select a backup proxy you want to remove.
- Click Remove Proxy from the ribbon menu. You can also use the Remove command from the context menu.
- Wait until the operation is completed and click Finish.
When a backup proxy is being removed, the following will occur:
- Information about this proxy will be removed from the Configuration Database.
- Information about associated repositories will also be removed from the Configuration Database, so these repositories will no longer be displayed in the management console. However, directories and files of the removed repository will remain intact in the target location.
- Backup jobs that are used by this proxy will be displayed with the empty properties in the preview pane. The Repository and Proxy fields for such jobs will contain <Not Configured> value. When trying to enable such jobs, you will need to make a new backup proxy and a backup repository assigned to them.
The default backup proxy that is running on the management server cannot be removed. If a proxy goes offline, its jobs will be displayed with the Disconnected status. You can manually rescan the proxy after it goes back online to make it available for job processing again.