You can permanently remove any backup proxy server from the Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 infrastructure.
The default backup proxy server cannot be removed.
When a backup proxy is being removed, the following will occur:
- Information about this proxy will be removed from the configuration database.
- Information about associated repositories will also be removed from the configuration database. These repositories will no longer be displayed in the management console, but the directories and files of the removed repository, however, remains intact.
To remove a backup proxy, do the following:
- Go to Backup Infrastructure > Backup Proxies.
- In the preview pane, select a backup proxy you want to remove.
- Click Remove Proxy on the ribbon menu. You can also use the Remove context menu command.
- Wait until the operation is complete and click Finish.