To restore a mailbox to the Exchange server:
- In the navigation tree, select the mailbox you want to restore.
- Select the Restore Mailbox command from the toolbar or from the shortcut menu. The Restore wizard will be launched.
- At the first step of Restore wizard, specify the account for connection with target Exchange. You can use the account currently logged on, or specific account in the corresponding format, depending on the target Exchange type:
- If restoring to on-premises Exchange, then enter credentials for accessing Exchange endpoint in the domain\username format
- If restoring to Exchange Online, then enter <username>@<organization>.onmicrosoft.com
- Next, specify target mailbox server and folder. Default CAS server will be selected automatically. For example, for Office 365 the default CAS is outlook.office365.com.
If necessary, specify another CAS server.
- Next, select the restore options you need. You can select to:
- Restore changed items
- Restore missing items
- Mark restore items as unread
- If you want some folders from the backup to be excluded from the recovery process, click the Exclude folders link. In the dialog displayed, select what you plan to exclude. These can be the following folders: Drafts, Deleted Items, In-Place Hold Items, Litigation Hold Items.
Click OK to save the settings and return to the wizard.
- Finally, click Restore and wait for the operation to complete.
Send feedback | Updated on 9/29/2017