If you want to restore In-Place Hold Items and Litigation Hold Items to the original mailbox system folders, consider the following limitations:
To restore a folder or a mailbox item, do the following:
- In the navigation pane, select a folder or a mailbox item you want to restore.
- Depending on the object you want to restore, click Restore Folder or Restore Items and select Restore to. You can also use the corresponding context menu of the object.
- Specify the target mailbox and the domain account. You can either use your current account or specify a different one with the sufficient access level to perform the operation. See Required Permissions section. Click Next.
- Specify the target mailbox server and a folder to which you want to recover your data. You can restore to the original folder or specify a different one. The specified folder will be created under the root mailbox that is being restored in case it does not exist. Click Next.
- Specify additional restore options and click Restore to begin the restore process.