To restore a folder or mailbox item, do the following:
- Launch Veeam Explorer For Microsoft Exchange to add mailbox database to the application scope. See the Exploring Backups Using Veeam Explorer for Microsoft Exchange section to know how to explore your backups.
- In Veeam Explorer For Microsoft Exchange navigation pane, select a folder or mailbox item you want to restore.
- Depending on the object you want to restore, click Restore Folder or Restore Items and select Restore to. You can also use the corresponding context menu of an object.
- Specify the target mailbox and domain account. You can either use your current account or specify a different one, having sufficient access level to perform the operation. See Required Permissions section. Click Next.
- Specify the target mailbox server and the folder to which you want to recover you data. You can restore to the original folder or specify a different one. If the specified folder does not exist on the target server, it will be created. Click Next.
- Specify additional restore options and click Restore to begin the restore process.
If you want to restore In-Place Hold Items and Litigation Hold Items to the original mailbox system folders, consider the following limitations: