To restore a folder or a mailbox item, do the following:
- Select the necessary folder or mailbox item.
- On the corresponding tab click, respectively, Restore Folder or Restore Items and select Restore to. You can also use the shortcut menu of the selected entity.
- Specify the target mailbox and domain account to be used. You can either use the current account or specify a different one. Make sure the account has sufficient access rights.
- Specify the target mailbox server and folder. You can restore to original folder or specify a different one. If the specified folder does not exist on the target server, it will be created.
If you want to restore In-Place Hold Items and Litigation Hold Items to the original location (that is, original mailbox system folders), consider the limitations that exist for this kind of restore:
- Specify additional restore options:
- Click Restore to begin the restore process.