This section explains how to restore folders and items back to the production environment.
Consider the following when restoring In-Place Hold Items and Litigation Hold Items to the original mailbox system folders:
- Restore of In-Place Hold Items is not supported for Exchange Server 2013 due to Exchange limitations.
- To restore In-Place Hold Items of Exchange 2016 mailboxes, these mailboxes must have In-Place Hold enabled and applied at least once, with DiscoveryHolds system folder creation. Otherwise, restore of In-Place Hold Items will fail with an error. For information on enabling In-Place Hold and Litigation Hold, see this Microsoft article.
- Veeam Explorer for Microsoft Exchange does not support browsing and restoring items from the Versions subfolder of the Recoverable Items folder used by In-Place Hold and Litigation Hold to preserve items.
To restore a folder or mailbox item, do the following:
- In the navigation pane, select a folder or mailbox item.
- On the Folder/Items tab, select Restore Folder/Item > Restore to or right-click a folder/item and select Restore to.
- Proceed to Specify the Target Mailbox and Domain Account.