This section explains how to restore your Microsoft SharePoint sites back to the production environment.
Consider the following:
- To restore your Microsoft SharePoint sites from Microsoft SQL databases, ensure that both Veeam Explorer for Microsoft SharePoint and Veeam Backup and Replication Update 3 or higher are installed on the same machine (either physical or virtual). Otherwise, Microsoft SQL databases restore will not be possible. Another condition is that the Veeam Backup and Replication solution must have the Enterprise or Enterprise Plus license.
- Veeam Explorer for Microsoft SharePoint does not support creating new site collections. Therefore, you will be able to restore your sites to the existing site collection only. If the site was removed as a site collection (at the very top level), make sure to manually recreate the site thereof at the same level beforehand.
To restore Microsoft SharePoint sites, do the following:
- In the navigation pane, select a site to restore.
- On the Site tab, select Restore Site or right-click an object and select Restore Site.
- Proceed to Specify Credentials.