Upgrade is supported for the product version 1.0 and 1.0 Update 1 (Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 - build 126.96.36.1992, Veeam Explorer for Microsoft Exchange - build 188.8.131.522).
No upgrade options is supported for beta versions of.Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365.
When planning the upgrade from the version 1.0 to version 1.5, consider the following:
- Backup job settings and global configuration options (including notifications, file exclusions, and so on) will be preserved.
- All modifications that you have made to the Config.xml file manually will be lost after the upgrade.
- All backup jobs, including those running on schedule will be stopped during the upgrade process.
If you want to install the GA (release) version of Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 to the machine that is used to host Veeam Backup for Office 365 BETA management server, proxy or backup repository, you must do the following:
- Stop and disable all the running backup jobs.
- Remove remote backup proxies by using the Remove Proxy command. Keep the default proxy – it will be removed later when you run the Uninstall command for the program. See Removing Backup Proxy Server.
- Delete the default repository configuration data from the configuration database by using the Remove Repository command. See Removing Backup Repository.
- Uninstall the pre-release version of the program using the Uninstall command in the Control Panel > Programs and Features. See Uninstalling Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365.
- Manually delete default repository folders and files from the corresponding target location. Remember that release version is not compatible with pre-release repository.
- Manually delete the content of the C:\ProgramData\Veeam\Backup365 directory.
If you try to deploy the release version of Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 on the same machine where BETA version is used without taking the above steps, the setup may fail with the following error: "Service 'Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 Service' (Veeam.Archiver.Service) failed to start. Verify that you have sufficient privileges to start system services".
To upgrade Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365, install Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 v1.5 as described in these sections:
Version 1.5 allows you to upgrade certain repositories using the Upgrade Repository command. For example, if you add a v1.0 repository to a v1.5 management server, this repository will be displayed in the navigation tree as an Out of date object. Select this object and run the Upgrade Repository command.