Upgrade is supported for product version 1.0 and 1.0 Update 1 (Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 - build 126.96.36.1992, Veeam Explorer for Microsoft Exchange - build 188.8.131.522).
No upgrade options will be supported for beta versions of the program.
In This Section
When planning for upgrade from version 1.0 to version 1.5, consider the following:
- Backup job settings and global configuration options (including notifications, file exclusions, and so on) will be preserved.
- However, if you have edited the Config.xml file manually, these modifications will not be preserved after the upgrade.
- When the upgrade process starts, it will stop all backup jobs (including those running on schedule).
If you want to install the GA (release) version of the product to the machine that used to host Veeam Backup for Office 365 BETA management server, proxy or backup repository, you must do the following:
- Stop and disable all the running jobs.
- Remove remote backup proxies by using the Remove Proxy command. Keep the default proxy – it will be removed later when you run the Uninstall command for the program).
- Delete the default repository configuration data from configuration database by using the Remove Repository command.
- Uninstall the pre-release version of the program, using the Uninstall command in the Control Panel > Programs and Features:
- To uninstall Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365, select Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 in the list of installed programs.
- To uninstall Veeam Explorer for Microsoft Exchange, select Veeam Backup & Replication in the list of installed programs.
- Manually delete the default repository content (folders and files) from the corresponding target location. Remember that release version is not compatible with pre-release repository.
- Manually delete the content of C:\ProgramData\Veeam\Backup365 folder.
If you try to deploy the release version of the product to the same machine where BETA version used to run without taking these steps, the setup may fail with the following error: "Service 'Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 Service' (Veeam.Archiver.Service) failed to start. Verify that you have sufficient privileges to start system services".
To upgrade your deployment, install Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 v1.5, as described in this document:
Version 1.5 allows you to upgrade certain repositories using the Upgrade Repository command. For example, if you add a v1.0 repository to v1.5 management server, this repository will be displayed in the navigation tree as the Out of date object. Select this object and run the Upgrade Repository command for it. The progress indicator (in percent) for repository upgrade will be shown in the preview pane. When the upgrade is completed, this repository will be displayed in the navigation tree as usual.