Application upgrade is supported for the following versions of the application:
- Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 1.0
- Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 1.0 Update 1
Before you upgrade from the version 1.0 to version 1.5, consider the following:
- Backup job settings and global configuration options (including notifications, file exclusions, and so on) will be preserved.
- All modifications that you have made to the Config.xml file manually will be lost after the upgrade.
- All backup jobs, including those running on schedule will be stopped during the upgrade process.
Before attempting to install the GA version of Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 on a machine with the Beta version, do the following:
- Remove all remote backup proxies by using the Remove Proxy command. For more information, see Removing Backup Proxy Server.
- Delete the default repository configuration data from the configuration database by using the Remove Repository command. For more information, see Removing Backup Repository.
- Uninstall the pre-release version of the program using the Uninstall command in the Control Panel > Programs and Features. For more information, see Uninstalling Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365.
- Manually delete default repository folders and files from the corresponding target location. Remember that the release version is not compatible with pre-release repository.
- Manually delete the content of the C:\ProgramData\Veeam\Backup365 directory.
Ignoring the steps above will lead to the following error: "Service 'Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 Service' (Veeam.Archiver.Service) failed to start. Verify that you have sufficient privileges to start system services".
To upgrade Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365, install Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 v1.5 as described in these sections:
Version 1.5 allows you to upgrade your repositories using the Upgrade Repository command. For example, if you add a v1.0 repository to a v1.5 management server, this repository will be displayed with the Out of date state. Right-click the repository and select Upgrade Repository. For more information on backup repositories, see Configuring Backup Repositories.