The following new features and enhancements are included in Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 version 1.5:
- Distributed, scalable architecture – for enhanced scalability in distributed environments with several Remote Offices/Branch Offices and in service providers’ infrastructures:
- Backup proxies take the workload off the management server, providing flexible throttling policy settings for performance optimization.
- Support for multiple repositories streamlines data backup and restore processes.
- Support for backup and restore of on-premises and hybrid Exchange organizations – allows you to choose from a variety of configurations and usage scenarios and implement those that meet your particular needs.
- Increased performance for restore operations allows for up to 5 times faster restores than in v1.0.
- Restore of multiple datastore mailboxes using Veeam Explorer for Microsoft Exchange simplifies workflow and minimizes workload for restore operators, as well as 1-Click restore of a mailbox to the original location.
- RESTful API and PowerShell cmdlets will be helpful for automation of routine tasks and integration into existing or new portals.
- Support for backup and restore in Microsoft Azure Germany and Microsoft Azure China regions.
- Many enhancements were made to the UI, including main window, wizards, dialogs, and other elements, facilitating administration of the solution.
Send feedback | Updated on 9/27/2017