This section describes how to use the abilities of Veeam Explorer for Microsoft SharePoint that allows you to:
- Browse your backup content
- View objects properties and open files
- Search for objects in a backup file
- Use the advance search capabilities
To view the content of a backup file, you use the navigation pane which shows you the database structure containing your site items such as libraries and subsites. After you select an object in the navigation pane, you can see its content in the preview pane.
In the following figure we have selected the Style Library belonging to Arron Brown.
To view object properties, right-click an object in the preview pane and select View Properties. To open a document using an associated application, right-click the document in the preview pane and select Open.
The search mechanism allows you to find items matching specified search criteria.
To search for required items, do the following:
- In the navigation pane. select an object where you want to find your data.
When you select an object, you define the search scope which will be used by Veeam when matching search criteria.
- Type in your search queue using the search field at the top of the preview pane.
To find the exact phrase, use double quotes. For example, “media player”.
You can narrow your search results by specifying various search criteria using the criteria:value format.
For example, to find all items that require approval in the list of decisions, you can use the following search query: status:pending approval. You can also use logical upper-cased operators such as AND, OR and NOT along with wildcard characters such as * and ?. The search criteria are similar to those used for searching in Microsoft SharePoint. For more information, see this Microsoft article.
The Advanced Find mechanism allows you to define your search criteria more precisely.
For example, to find an object that starts with the word Media, do the following:
- In the preview pane, select a content node and click Advanced Find.
- In the Define search criteria section, select Category > Document fields.
- In the Field list, select File Name.
- In the Condition list, select Starts With.
- In the Value field, specify the file name.
- Click Start.
To remove a filter, click on the cross mark next to it. To remove all configured filters, click Reset.