Step 2. Select Authentication Method
At this step of the wizard, choose whether you want to use modern or basic authentication, or authenticate on an on-premises Microsoft SharePoint server.
To use modern authentication, do the following:
- From the Specify the authentication method drop-down list, select Modern authentication.
This will allow Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 to use an Azure AD application for a restore. Such an application is used to restore the specified object back to Office 365 organizations with enabled multi-factor authentication (MFA) and enabled or disabled security defaults.
For more information, see Microsoft Office 365 Organizations.
- In the Application ID field, enter an identification number of the Azure AD application that you want to use for a restore.
By default, Veeam Explorer for Microsoft SharePoint populates this field with the identification number of the application that was used during a backup session. If you want to use another application, make sure to grant this application required permissions. For more information, see Permissions for Modern App-Only Authentication.
To use basic authentication, do the following:
- From the Specify the authentication method drop-down list, select Basic authentication.
- Enter credentials to connect to the SharePoint organization.
To authenticate on an on-premises Microsoft SharePoint server, provide a user name and password.
Restoring from Microsoft SQL Database
When restoring from a Microsoft SQL database, provide the following:
- The site URL to which you want to recover your site
- Authentication credentials
When recovering Microsoft SharePoint sites from a Microsoft SQL database, you will proceed directly to the Specify Restore Options step of the wizard.