Considerations and Limitations
This section covers considerations and known limitations of Veeam Explorer for Microsoft Teams.
Consider the following when planning to restore Microsoft Teams data:
- Use of modern authentication with legacy protocols allowed is not supported for data restore with Veeam Explorer for Microsoft Teams.
- You can restore Microsoft Teams data to the original organization only.
- Veeam Explorer for Microsoft Teams does not change roles for team owners during restore. For example, you create a backup of your organization, and then change role for a team member from Member to Owner. In this case, if you restore this team member from the backup, Veeam Explorer for Microsoft Teams will not set their role to Member.
- Restore of OneNote notebooks from backups of Microsoft Teams data for organizations with enabled security defaults using multi-factor authentication is not supported.
- When restoring a channel tab, Veeam Explorer for Microsoft Teams does not preserve relation between the link to a file published on the tab and the file itself. You will need to link the tab to the file manually after restore. This limitation does not apply to the scenario where you restore an entire team.
- Veeam Explorer for Microsoft Teams does not restore posts to their original location in the team channel. Instead, Veeam Explorer for Microsoft Teams exports posts to a file of the HTML format, creates a separate tab in the original channel and attaches the HTML file to this tab.