This section lists considerations and known limitations of Veeam Explorer for Microsoft Exchange.
- When Veeam Explorer for Microsoft Exchange is installed on a server on which both Veeam Backup & Replication and Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 are installed, the notification settings will be inherited from the Veeam Backup and Replication Global Notification settings.
- Veeam Explorer for Microsoft Exchange does not support restore via PSDirect, VIX or Sphere API.
- Sending objects that exceed 3 MB in size may fail. To fix this issue, install this Microsoft update.
- Multiple restore is not supported for public folders. Use per-object restore.
- To restore In-Place Hold Items or Litigation Hold Items to the original location, consider the following:
- In-Place Hold Items restore is not supported for On-Premises Exchange Server 2013 due to EWS limitations.
- To restore In-Place Hold Items of Exchange 2016 mailboxes, these mailboxes must have In-Place Hold enabled and applied at least once with DiscoveryHolds system folder creation. Otherwise, restore will fail with the following error:
"Failed to restore In-Place Hold Items. Restore of In-Place Hold Items into Exchange 2013 is not supported".
For information on enabling In-Place Hold and Litigation Hold, see this Microsoft article.
To use an internet proxy server to restore backups created in Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365, make sure to provide appropriate proxy server address and the port number. For that, go to the Control Panel > Internet Options Connections tab, click LAN Settings, select the Use a proxy server for your LAN check box and specify a proxy server you want to use. Credentials for such a proxy (if needed) will be taken from the Control Panel > Credential Manager > Windows Credentials console.
Consider that this functionality is only available in Veeam Explorer for Microsoft Exchange that comes as part of the Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 distribution package.
Consider the following:
- Export is only available if you have a 64-bit version of Microsoft Outlook 2019, Microsoft Outlook 2016, Microsoft Outlook 2013 or Microsoft Outlook 2010 installed on a computer with Veeam Explorer for Microsoft Exchange.
- To avoid conflicts during export, make sure to exclude .pst files from the indexing scope. Oftentimes conflicts may occur due to a file you are exporting is being indexed at the same time. When exporting to shared folders, exclude Outlook files or disable Windows search on the destination computer.