Veeam Explorer for Microsoft Exchange allows you to add Microsoft Office 365 organization backups that are located on server providers servers.
The functionality described in this section is only available when both Veeam Explorer for Microsoft Exchange and Veeam Backup and Replication solutions are installed on the same machine (either physical or virtual).
To add Veeam databases containing your backup data, do the following:
- From the Start menu, launch Veeam Explorer for Microsoft Exchange.
- Click Add Store > Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 Service Provider on the ribbon menu or use the corresponding context menu command.
This option will only be available if you have added at least one service provider. See Adding a Service Provider in Veeam Backup & Replication.
- In the drop-down menu, select a tenant account to which you want to connect.
The list of available tenants depends on added service providers.
- Provide your Microsoft Office 365 Organization credentials.
- Click Connect.
You can also select a point in time state as of which you want to load an organization database. For more information, see Specifying Point in Time.
When you connect to your service provider server, you may want to select a particular state as of which you want to add an organization database to the Veeam Explorer for Microsoft Exchange scope.
To select a state, do the following:
- After you select Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 Service Provider and provide required credentials, click Specify point in time.
- Specify the point in time state you want to open.
The following options are available:
- Use latest available state. Select this option to load the latest backup state.
- Use the following point in time. Select this option if you want to load a particular state of your database. For example, as of a month ago.
To select a state, use the calendar control.
- To load items that have been deleted by the user, select Show items that have been deleted by user.
- To load all versions of items that have been modified by the user, select Show all versions of items that have been modified by user.