Before utilizing Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 RESTful API, you must configure the following settings at the REST API tab of the Options dialog in the Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 console:
- Select Enable REST Service check box.
- RESTful API authorization process is based on the OAuth 2.0 Authorization Framework. Here you can specify the lifetime value for the authentication token which server provides to the client. Default value is 60 minutes.
- Server and client communicate via HTTPS protocol so the corresponding port must be open. Default HTTPS Port number is 4443.
- Communication between the client and the server is secured with the SSL protocol. You can specify what kind of certificate you want to use for encrypted SSL connections. To do that, in the Installed certificate section of the Options dialog click Install to launch the Select Certificate wizard.
- If you select Generate new self-signed certificate, you will be taken to the corresponding step of the wizard. Here, enter a friendly name for your certificate. Click Finish to close the wizard.
The new certificate will be generated and its data will be displayed in the corresponding fields in the REST API tab of the Options dialog.
- Click Apply at the REST API tab of the Options dialog to save the settings and start Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 RESTful API Service. The service will be started and run in the background, supporting server-client communication.