Adding VMs by Tag to Backup Job
Veeam Backup for RHV allows you to customize the way you work with it by using tags. Tags provide one key advantage to system administrators: they allow system resources to be arranged into groups or categories. This is useful when many objects exist in the virtualization environment and the administrator wants to concentrate on a specific set of them. For more information, see the Using Tags to Customize Interactions with RHV section in the Red Hat Customer Portal.
To add VMs to a backup job by using tags as a criteria, do the following:
- At the Virtual Machines step of the wizard, click Add on the toolbar.
- In the Add Objects window, select TAG and click on the left of the cluster name to expand the list. The objects tagged with the specified criteria are listed in the results list. To quickly find the necessary tag you can use the Search field.
- Select tags of VMs that you want to back up and click Add.
If the VM tag is not visible in the window, click Refresh in the wizard and then start a rescan process in oVirt to update the infrastructure.
- If there are VM disks that you do not need to back up, you can exclude these disks from processing.
- At the Virtual Machines step of the wizard, click Exclusions on the toolbar.
- In the Exclusions > VMs window, specify a string parameter to filter VMs which will be automatically excluded from the backup job.
- In the Exclusions > Disks window:
- Select the VM and click Edit.
- In the Select Disks window, choose Selected disks and click Add.
- In the Add Disks window, select the bus type that you want to include and select the disks.
Select the disks that you want to process, not the disks that you want to exclude. Veeam Backup for RHV will process the disks that you have selected.