Step 9. Granting Access Permissions on Veeam Backup Repositories
To be able to store backups on the configured repository, the user must have access permissions on this backup repository.
To provide access for users, do the following:
- In Veeam Backup & Replication, open the Backup Infrastructure view.
- In the inventory pane, click the Backup Repositories node or the Scale-out Repositories node.
- In the working area, select the necessary backup repository, click Set Access Permissions on the ribbon or right-click the backup repository and select Access permissions.
- In the Access Permissions window, specify to whom you want to grant access permissions on this backup repository:
- Allow to everyone option is equal to granting access rights to the Everyone Microsoft Windows group (Anonymous users are excluded). For security reasons, we do not recommend this option for production environments.
- Allow to the following accounts or groups only — select this option and only specific users will be able to store backups on this repository. Click Add to add the user with credentials that you specified for the web console.