Installing Veeam Backup for Red Hat Virtualization
In this article
To install Veeam Backup for RHV and set up the backup infrastructure, perform the following steps:
- Configure Veeam Backup & Replication server: install Veeam Backup & Replication and configure a backup repository that will be used as a target for VM backups.
- Download Veeam Backup for RHV.
- Upload VM for RHV image to RHV host.
- Import VM of Veeam Backup for RHV from a disk image to RHV host.
- Log in to Veeam Backup for RHV web console. This web console allows you to manage RHV VM backup and restore processes and configure settings and event notifications.
- Install Veeam Backup for RHV.
- Add RHV Manager to the backup infrastructure.
- Add the Veeam Backup & Replication server to the backup infrastructure. You can add multiple repositories. For the list of supported repository types, see Configure Backup Repository.
- Provide access to Veeam Backup & Replication repositories for users who are allowed to back up RHV VMs.