Upgrading to Veeam Backup for Red Hat Virtualization 1a
You can upgrade Veeam Backup for RHV to 1a in two ways: automatically or manually.
Before starting the upgrade process, check the following prerequisites:
- Make sure the RHV Backup Proxy VM is turned on.
- Disable running jobs or restore sessions. We do not recommend to stop running jobs but let them complete successfully. Disable any periodic and backup copy jobs temporarily to prevent them from starting during the upgrade.
Performing Automatic Upgrade
To install the latest update for Veeam Backup for RHV automatically, check for updates in the web console. You will be redirected to the Veeam Updater portal. For more information, see Updating Veeam Backup for Red Hat Virtualization.
Performing Manual Upgrade
To upgrade Veeam Backup for RHV to 1a manually, do the following:
- Make sure an old Veeam Backup for RHV instance is turned off.
- Download the .zip file from the Veeam Backup for RHV: Download page.
- In the web console, create a configuration backup of Veeam Backup for RHV, as described in Backing Up Configuration Settings.
- Deploy a new Veeam Backup for RHV instance, as described in Upload VM for RHV Image to RHV Host.
- In the web console, restore configuration settings of the previous Veeam Backup for RHV instance, as described in Restoring Configuration Settings.