You can create new response actions, for example, if you want to execute a custom script when some alert is generated.
To create a new response action:
- Log in to the Veeam PN portal as a Portal Administrator.
- In the configuration menu on the left, click Settings.
- Click the Alerts tab.
- At the top of the alerts list, click Manage actions.
- In the Action Management window, click New.
- In the New Action window, specify settings for the new response action:
- In the Name field, specify a name for the new script, for example, my_script.sh.
- To create a new script on the basis of an existing one, select Clone script and choose an existing script from the list on the right. To create a new empty script file, select Create script. You can then edit the created script in Veeam PN. For more information, see Editing Response Actions.
- Click Save, then click Close.
Veeam PN uses the bash interpreter to execute scripts for response actions. For this reason, scripts must always start with the following heading line: